Flight Commander Rupert Randolph Winter achieves his second victory on the way to becoming a five-victory ace.
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Christopher Jack Forster (Royal Flying Corps) is killed at age 22. He is the son of the Reverend Francis Samuel Forster Rector of Frindsbury.
- Lieutenant Thomas Boles Greer (Eastern Ontario Regiment) dies of wounds received in action at age 33. He is buried in Etaples Military Cemetery.
- Lieutenant Reginald Addison Hope (North Staffordshire Regiment) is killed at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend David Hope Rector of Birnam Wood Jamaica.
- Sapper George Cornwall Ward (Royal Engineers) dies of heatstroke in Mesopotamia at age 22. His brother will die of illness in October 1918 while serving in the Royal Engineers.
- Gunner Alfred Keeling MM (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 20. His brother was killed in July of last year.
- Private Clement Cyril Carter (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed in action. He is the son of the Reverend William David Carter.