Today’s losses include:
- A grandson of the 12th Earl of Kincardine
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain James Bruce (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 29. He is the grandson of James Bruce 12th Earl of Kincardine.
- Captain Alfred Cecil Edwards MC (Royal Army Medical Corps attached King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 37. He is the son of the Reverend Charles Edwards.
- Lieutenant James Miller Wilson (Royal Garrison Artillery) is killed at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend R Wilson.
- Sergeant Albert Colin Arnell (Sussex Regiment) is killed at age 27. His brother was killed in October 1914.
- Private James A Martin (Seaforth Highlanders) is killed. His brother died of wounds in April of this year.
- Private Lionel Rayner (King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry) dies of gas poisoning. His brother was killed in November 1915.
- Private Maurice Mark Stott (Grenadier Guards) is killed at age 23. His brother will be killed in March 1918.