Today’s losses include:
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A man whose father will die on service next May
- The son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Corporal George William Biggs (Machine Gun Corps) is killed at age 22. His brother will be killed in March 1918.
- Lance Corporal Thomas Arthur Wheatley (Sherwood Foresters) is killed at age 28. His brother will die of gassing at home in September 1918.
- Driver John George Waggitt (Canadian Field Artillery) drowns at age 23. His brother was killed in action in October 1916.
- Private Albert Smith (Sussex Regiment) is killed at St Julian at age 19. His brother was killed on HMS Bulwark and their father will die while serving in the Royal Defence Corps in May 1918 at home.
- Private Gilbert Smedley Golding (Liverpool Regiment) is killed. He is the son of the Reverend Harry Golding a Congregational Minister.