Monday 13 August 1917 We Lost 525
Today’s losses include:
- The great grandson of a Baronet
- A man related to the assassinated Airey Neave
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two son in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Edward Harold Lomax (South Lancashire Regiment) is killed in action at age 22. He is the son of the Reverend Edward Lomax.
- Second Lieutenant Maurice Charles Thornton Bate (London Regiment) is killed at age 19. He is the son of the Vicar of Chittlehampton.
- Corporal William James Hall (Suffolk) is killed at age 21. His half brother was killed last month.
- Private Charles Baden Drury Powell (Middlesex Regiment) is killed on the Somme at age 26. His brother will be killed next July.