Wednesday 29 August 1917 We Lost 343
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A Military Chaplain
- A man whose brother was killed last February
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Kenneth David Rees (Cheshire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 22. He is the son of the Reverend John Francis Rees Rector of Hakyn.
- Chaplain ‘the Reverend’ Somerset Edward Pennefather dies at home at age 69. He is the son of John Pennefather KC.
- Sergeant Robert Cottle Green (Royal Garrison Artillery) dies of wounds received 18 July at age 24. His brother was killed last February.