Monday 29 October 1917 We Lost 587
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Colonel Thomas C Irving DSO (commanding Headquarters 4th Division Canadian Engineers) is killed at age 38.
- Captain Robert Coningsby Wilmot (Sherwood Foresters) is killed in action at age 31. His brothers were killed in August 1916 July of this year and he is the son of the late Reverend Francis Edmund William Wilmot Rector of Munnington.
- Lieutenant Alexander Wilson MacLaughlin (Royal Flying Corps) is killed in action during a combat action with seven enemy aircraft at Houthem. The 23-year old is a son of the Reverend David MacLaughlin.
- Sergeant Leonard Y Dines (Army Service Corps) is killed at age 23. His brother will be killed in March 1918.
- Lance Corporal Thomas Ayres (Devonshire Regiment) is killed at age 23. His brother will be killed in September 1918.
- Private Roderick Simpson Llewelyn-Davies (Worcestershire Yeomanry Hussars) is killed in Mesopotamia at age 21. He is the son of the Reverend David Llewelyn Davies Vicar of Little Dewchurch.
- Private Frederick Marshall (Cheshire Regiment) is killed at age 25 becoming the last of three brothers who are killed in the Great War.