The merchant ship S S Garron Head strikes a mine and sinks 40 miles east northeast from Bayonne. Twenty eight are killed.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of the Inspector of Constabulary in Jamaica
- Multiple families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Arthur Crichton (Royal Garrison Artillery) is killed at age 27. He is the last of three sons of Herbert T Thomas Inspector of Constabulary Jamaica who are killed in the Great War and a fourth son will be killed in the R-38 airship crash in 1921.
- Lieutenant John Albert Stewart (Manitoba Regiment) is killed in action at age 23. His brother was killed in March 1917.
- Gunner Frederick William Gatrell (Royal Field Artillery) dies in the Persian Gulf at age 24. His younger brother died on service in February 1915.