Thursday 10 January 1918 We Lost 333
The FE2b night bombing unit 58 Squadron arrives in France.
SS Mereddio disappears with the loss of her crew. Among those lost is
- Leading Seaman Malcolm McLeod whose brother will be killed serving in the British Columbia Regiment next November.
Today’s losses include:
- A Royal Flying Corps air crew killed by British Anti Aircraft fire
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenants H P G J Hamel and Lawrence Castell Stanley Tatham (Royal Flying Corps) are killed when their RE8 is shot down by British Anti Aircraft fire.
- Lance Corporal Secord Stevenson (Western Ontario Regiment) is killed at age 24. His brother will die of wounds in October.