Friday 11 January 1918 We Lost 262
45 Squadron Royal Flying Corps is escorting RE8s on a photo-reconnaissance of enemy aerodromes in the Vittorio area when they are attacked and heavy fighting breaks out. The Camel pilots make 5 claims while losing
- Second Lieutenant Douglas William Robertson Ross at age 24. He was an Honours Graduate of McGill University.
Today’s losses include:
- An Honours Graduate of McGill University
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- A man whose son will be killed in June 1944
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Sydney Herbert Morris (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies on service at home at age 43. He is the son of the Reverend W E Morris.
- Lance Corporal William Samuel Wright (Army Veterinary Corps) dies on service at age 29. His son will be killed in action in June 1944.
- Private George Geoffrey Parmiter (Army Service Corps) is killed at Masasi East Africa at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend George Parmiter Vicar of Dawley Parva.