The Seaplane Defense Squadron based at St Pol becomes 13 (Naval) Squadron.
Brigadier General Arthur Anthony Howell CMG (London Regiment) dies at Blackdown Camp in England.
Today’s losses include:
- A General
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A family that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A man whose son will die on service in December 1941
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain John Reginald Philpott MC (Royal Flying Corps) dies of dysentery as a prisoner of war after arriving in Mesopotamia in January 1917 at age 24. He is the son of the Reverend Canon John Nigel Philpott Rector of Southchurch.
- Commander Sandford Grant Radcliffe Nevile (Royal Navy) dies of injuries received in a rail accident at home at age 44. His brother was killed in June 1915.
- Squadron Sergeant Major William Gass Halliday (Dragoon Guards) is killed at age 39. His son will die on service in December 1941.
- Airman 1st Class Albert Edward Bainbridge (Royal Flying Corps) is killed at age 22. His brother will die of wounds in November 1918.