The submarine H6 is stranded on Schiermonnikoog. The Dutch will intern and later acquire it.
The sloop HMS Campanula (Commander P L Goddard) sinks the German submarine UB66 off Cap Bon.
H M trawler and minesweeper Gambri (Skipper Albert Edward Sayers DSC) is sunk by a mine in the English Channel off the south east coast of the Isle of Wight. Twenty-one crew members including the skipper are killed.
British air losses for the day are two aircraft lost both pilots being killed.
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- A family that will lose four sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include
- Captain Clement Gawler Mead MC (Alberta Regiment) is killed at age 38. He is the son of the Reverend Richard Gawler Mead Rector of Balcombe.
- Lieutenant Gorham Vinton Stevens (Lincolnshire Regiment) is killed in action at age 30. He is the son of the Reverend Lorenzo and attended Dover College.
- Lance Corporal Frank Ernest Williams (Royal West Kent Regiment) is killed at age 21 in Palestine. He is the third of four brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War. .