Friday 8 February 1918 We Lost 183
The destroyer HMS Boxer (Lieutenant Joseph K Chaplain RNR) is sunk after a collision with the merchant ship SS St Patrick in the English Channel in bad weather one boy is lost,
- Boy Telegraphist Herbert Bishop Bennett, killed at age 17.
Today’s losses include:
- A 17-year old telegraphist
- The son of an Admiral
- A 52-year old veteran of the South Africa War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Victor George Anderson Bush (General List attached Royal Flying Corps) is accidentally killed at age 25 when his Sopwith Camel disintegrates and crashes at Ayr. He is the son of Admiral John Bush.
- Private Alexander Curry (Quebec Regiment) drowns in the Pas de Calais area of France at age 52. He is a veteran of the South Africa War.