Monday 25 February 1918 We Lost 181
Lieutenant Colonel George Alexander Walter Lamond (Royal Engineers) dies of illness on service in Ceylon at age 39 contracted on in Mesopotamia. He was a Scottish rugby union player for Kelvinside Academicals who capped for Scotland twice in 1899 and once in 1905.
Today’s losses include:
- A Scottish Rugby International and Union player of Kelvinside Academicals
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- A man whose brother was killed in November 1916
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Ian MacKay Dempster (Royal Flying Corps) is killed in action at age 20. He is the son of the late James Pratt Dempster JP.
- Private Arthur Percy Bridges (Bermuda Volunteer Rifles) dies of wounds in Bermuda at age 25. His brother was killed in November 1916.