The 6th (Naval) Squadron makes its first raid
Today’s losses include:
- A man whose cousin will be killed next month
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Family’s that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain David Lloyd Popkin Morgan MC (Welsh Regiment) is killed in action in the Battle for Tel Asur, a mountain north of Jerusalem at age 30. His cousin will be killed next month as a flight instructor in England.
- Captain Gilbert Hume Norris (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) is killed at age 31. He is the son of the Reverend William Burrell Norris Rector of Warblington.
- Driver Joseph Hogarth (Australian Infantry) dies of wounds received in action in England. He has brothers who have already died in the Great War the first died in August 1915 the second was killed in July 1916.
- Private Francis William Hercock (Royal Fusiliers) is killed in action at age 23. His brother will be killed in September of this year.