The trawler Agate is sunk when she strikes a mine. Four members of her crew are killed.
Today’s losses include:
- The great grandson of the Chief Justice of New South Wales
- An author
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A 7-victory ace
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Adrian Consett Stephen MC (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 25. He is the author of Four Plays and An Australian in the R F A which will be published posthumously. The Adrian Consett Stephen Memorial Prize will be awarded to an undergraduate at the University of Sydney for a short story or play. He is the great grandson of the Chief Justice of New South Wales.
- Lieutenant Hugh Alexander Wark (Gordon Highlanders) is killed at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend James Wark.
- Lieutenant Herbert Henry Hartley (Royal Flying Corp) is killed in action at age 22. He is a seven-victory ace.
- Private Robert A Harper (Seaforth Highlanders) is killed. His brother was killed in May of last year.
- Petty Officer Robert Charles Keen (HMS Victory) dies of pneumonia on service at age 28. His brother was killed at Jutland.