Sunday 7 April 1918 We Lost 597
Captain Guy Borgfeldt Moore (Royal Air Force) a 10-victory ace is killed in action when his aircraft takes a direct hit from an anti-aircraft shell and explodes at a height of 2,000 feet above Hollebeke. At the University of British Columbia he was on the school’s rugby team and a member of the Vancouver Rowing Club.
Today’s losses include:
- A 10 victory ace
- A 5 victory ace
- A son of the member of the clergy
- A membe3r of the University of British Columbia rugby team and the Vancouver Rowling Club
- A pilot performing stunts
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Richard Dunn Warren (Leicestershire Regiment) is killed at age 39. He is the son of the Reverend Charles Warren Vicar of St Michael’s Lincoln.
- Lieutenant Edward Borgfeldt Booth (Royal Air Force) is killed as an instructor in a flying accident while performing stunts. He is a five-victory ace.