Friday 17 May 1918 We Lost 397
Captain Allan Hepburn and his observer Second Lieutenant G W Lambert shoot down an Albatros DV east of Middelkerke.
Today’s losses include:
- A man whose brother was killed last June
- The son of a member of the clergy
- The great grandson of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Eric Percy Johnstone Touche (Royal Air Force) is accidentally killed flying at age 21. He is the great grandson of the Reverend John Edward Touche.
- Corporal Maurice Given MM (Sherwood Foresters) is killed at age 25. He is the son of the Reverend James Given Vicar of Chapel en le Frith.
- Private Benjamin Clarence Strong (East Surrey Regiment) is killed in action at age 22. His brother was killed in July 1917.