Monday 20 May 1918 We Lost 588
Etaples Hospitals suffer serious damaged during an enemy air raid.
- Trooper Cecil Percival King (Life Guards) dies of wounds received during the air raid on Etaples at age 23. He won many prizes as a long distance swimmer.
- Sapper Norman Sharples (Royal Engineers) dies of wounds received in the same air raid at age 22. His brother was killed in August 1917.
Today’s losses include:
- A long distance swinner
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A Deputy Assistant Scout Master
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Private John Smith Davidson Baigrie (Highland Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 18. He is the Deputy Assistant Scout Master of the 8th Midlothian Troop of the Boy Scouts and his brother was killed in November 1917.