Tuesday 11 June 1918 We Lost 388
Patrols by the Royal Air Force destroy six enemy aircraft, one by Captain William Henry Hubbard.
Cossacks supporting the Dunsterforce depart the British forward positions in Qazvin, Iran with elements of the 14th Hussars.
Today’s losses include:
- A General
- A man whose brother died as a civilian at the front
- The son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Brigadier General Wellesley Lyndock Henry Paget CB CMG MVO (Royal Artillery) dies at home at age 60.
- Lieutenant William Robie Bowick (Royal Air Force) is killed in a flying accident at home at age 20. His younger brother died at the front as a civilian one-month prior.
- Private Arthur Shannon Wilson (West Yorkshire Regiment) is killed at age 18. He is the son of the Reverend Charels Usher Wilson Vicar of Sutterton.