Friday 14 June 1918 We Lost 339
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Harold Lake Compton Turner (Gurkha Rifles) dies of heat stroke in India at age 45. He is the elder son of the late Major General S (RE, Inspector General of Military Works).
- Second Lieutenant (Temporary Lieutenant) (Machine Gun Corps attached Royal Air Force) Cyril Thomas Lovell is killed in a flying accident at age 22. He is the only son of Samuel Marchant Lovell JP.
- Private Harry Carter (Bedfordshire Regiment) dies of wounds received in action at age 27. His brother was killed on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
- Private Robert W Hewitt (Cheshire Regiment) is killed at age 19. His brother was killed in May 1915.