Thursday 20 June 1918 We Lost 377
HMHS Llandovery Castle leaves Halifax on a return voyage to Europe to pick up military patients. A she starts she is carrying her crew and a hospital unit establishment of seven officers, fourteen nursing sisters and seventy-one other ranks.
Today’s losses include:
- A 7-victory ace
- A man whose brother was previously killed
- The son of an Alderman and Justice of the Peace
- The son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain William Reginald Guy Pearson (Royal Air Force) is killed in a collision at home at age 21. He is a seven victory ace.
- Captain John Marcus Tyrrell (Irish Fusiliers attached Royal Air Force) is killed at age 23. His brother was killed less than two weeks ago and they are sons of Alderman John Tyrrell JP.
- Second Lieutenant James MacMeekan (Northumberland Fusiliers) is killed at age 20. He is the son of the Reverend J MacMeekan.