Tuesday 2 July 1918 We Lost 407
Today’s losses include:
- Son of a Justice of the Peace
- A 5-victory ace
- A man whose brother will be killed next October
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- The grandson of member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Joseph Cruess Callaghan MC (Munster Fusiliers attached Royal Air Force) is killed at age 25. He is a 5-victory ace.
- Major Arthur Russell St John Moubray MC (Royal Garrison Artillery) is killed in action at age 27. His brother will be killed in October of this year.
- Lieutenant Edward William Du Val (Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry) is killed at age 33. He is the son of the Reverend Dr Frederic B Du Val.
- Second Lieutenant Edwin Kenneth Bonsey (Royal Garrison Artillery) dies of wounds received in action at age 27. He is the son of the Reverend Arthur Bonsey, of Hankow, China.
- Second Lieutenant Guy Powell Wright (Middlesex Regiment attached Liverpool Regiment) is killed in action at age 39. He is the grandson of the late Reverend Joseph Powell Rector of Normanton-on-Soar.
- Corporal Jack Moxon (Australian Infantry) dies of wounds received in action. He is the son of the late William Moxon, JP.