Friday 5 July 1918 We Lost 381
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- A man whose brother was killed in May 1917
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Gerald Nolekin Horlick (Royal Gloucestershire Hussars) dies at age 30 in Egypt. He is the son of ‘Sir’ James and Lady Horlick.
- Second Lieutenant John Wycliffe Thompson (Dragoon Guards) dies at a nursing home in London at age 42. He is the son of Major General Charles William CB DSO.
- Lieutenant Noel Rawstorne Wilkinson Kay (Royal Horse Artillery) dies of wounds received in action at age 20. He is the son of Captain Harry Wilkinson, of the Ministry of Pensions.
- Private Sidney Simpson MM (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies of wounds at home. His brother was killed in May 1917.