Monday 15 July 1918 We Lost 337
Today’s losses include:
- A military Chaplain
- Multiple sons of member of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Edward Bridges Harford (Somerset Light Infantry) dies at home of rheumatic fever at age 46. He is the son of the late Reverend Canon Harford of Wells Cathedral.
- Lieutenant Harry Albert Gray MC (Royal West Kent Regiment) dies of wounds received in action at age 26. His brother was killed in August 1916.
- Lieutenant Theodore Kenneth Barlow (South Staffordshire Regiment) is killed at age 20. He is the son of Canon H T E Barlow Rector of Lawford.
- Chaplain Captain Patrick Dore MC (Auckland Mounted Rifles) dies of wound in New Zealand received on Gallipoli at age 33.
- Private William Thorne (Irish Regiment) is killed at age 25. His brother was killed in March.