Sunday 4 August 1918 We Lost 323
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Walter Henry Lloyd (Royal Army Medical Corps attached London Regiment) is killed at age 27. He is the son of Whiter Lloyd JP.
- Second Lieutenant Douglas F Mackenzie (Royal Air Force) is accidentally killed at age 24. He is the only child of the Reverend Dr. Mackenzie.
- Private Francis Arthur Stanford (Machine Gun Corps) is killed at age 21. His brother was killed in May of this year.
- Private J L H Faulkner (Royal West Kent Regiment) dies of wounds at age 31. His brother was killed last October.
- Trooper Henry John Chauvel Prior (Lord Strathcona’s Horse) dies in England at age 40 while on active service. He is the son of the late Major General B I C Prior of the Madras Staff Corps.