Tuesday 20 August 1918 We Lost 440
Major Robert J O Compston takes over command of 40th squadron.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Colonel Claud Frederick Pilkington Parry DSO (Royal Field Artillery) is killed in action. He is the son of the late Major General F W B Parry.
- Lieutenant Alexander Hugh Sincalir Joyce MM (Norfolk Regiment) dies of wounds at age 27. He was awarded his Military Medal for efforts in a raid on enemy trenches as a Lance Corporal in the Bedfordshire Regiment on 27th April 1916.
- Lieutenant George William Hugh Parlee (Royal Air Force) is killed at age 33. He is the son of the Reverend Henry J Parlee.
- Private Nathaniel George Read Amies (East Kent Regiment) is killed at age 30. He is the son of the Reverend Stuart Amies Vicar of the Brents Feversham.