Wednesday 25 September 1918 We Lost 687
Today’s losses include:
- The son of an Admiral
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man whose widow has lost her second husband to the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Charles Baldwin Drury Wake (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) is killed by shell fire at age 19. He is the only son of Admiral Sir Drury St Albyn Wake KCIE CB was educated at Rugby School (Head of his house) and a scholar of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Second
- Lieutenant George Iliff (Royal Air Forces) is killed at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend Alfred Iliff of South China.
- Sergeant Christopher Loomes (Sherwood Foresteres) is killed in action. His widow’s first husband was killed in August 1916.
- Lance Corporal Frank Garraway (Warwickshire Regiment) is killed at age 18. His three brothers have already been killed in the Great War.