Thursday 14 November 1918 We Lost 701
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- The son of a schoolmaster
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Guy Dodgson (Hertfordshire Regiment) dies of wounds near Caudry at age 23. His brother has been killed in action in July 1916.
- Lieutenant Kenneth James Stafford MC (Royal Field Artillery) dies at age 20. He is the son of the Reverend John O Stafford.
- Second Lieutenant Charles John Norman Adams (Grenadier Guards) dies of wounds received 4th November attacking the line of the Fresnay-Wargnies-Le Petit Road at age 29. He is the son of the Reverend George Augustus Samuel Adams rector of Nettlestead and was a school master prior to the war.
- Second Lieutenant Eric Albert Coates (New Zealand Machine Gun Corps) dies at home at age 24. His brother was killed in June 1917.
- Gunner Laurence Ernest Aylwin (Royal Field Artillery) dies in Salonika at age 26. His older brother was killed in September 1914.
- Private John Fendley (Army Cyclist Corps) dies on active service of influenza and pneumonia at age 37. His brother was killed in the sinking of HMS Aboukir in the first year of the war.