Friday 15 November 1918 We Lost 679
Today’s losses include:
- A son of the Chief Constable of New Scotland Yard
- A Military Chaplain
- Multiple families that will two and three sons in the Great War
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Commander Arthur Prestwich Henry Rouquette (HMS Grafton) dies of illness in Egypt at age 30. His brother was killed in action in July 1916.
- Lieutenant Alex Young Fraser Gardner (Army Service Corps) dies at home at age 23. He is the son of A F Gardner JP.
- Chaplain Frederick Seaton Smith (attached York and Lancaster Regiment) dies at home at age 31.
- Second Lieutenant Harold William Wensley (Lincolnshire Regiment) dies on service at age 19. His brother was killed in August 1915 and they are sons of the Chief Constable of New Scotland Yard.
- Private John T Goodliffe (Cheshire Regiment) dies on service at home at age 21. His two older brothers were killed in action and both are commemorated on the Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial.
- Private Fred Crosby (Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry) dies of wounds at home. His brother was killed in September of this year.