Monday 17 November 1918 We Lost 634
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Baronet
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant George William Edendale Whitehead (Royal Field Artillery attached Royal Air Force) dies on service at age 23. His brother will die on service next March. They are sons of ‘Sir’ George Hugh Whitehead 2nd Baronet.
- Second Lieutenant B N Parfitt (York and Lancaster Regiment) dies at home at age 23. His brother died in October of this year.
- 2nd Corporal Archibald Walter Gush MM (Royal Engineers) dies on service at age 25. His brother died on service in August 1916.
- Private J Reay MM (Duke of Wellington’s Regiment) is killed at age 19. His brother was killed on the first day of the battle of the Somme.