Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Arthur Maughan Humble-Crofts (Royal Field Artillery) dies of pneumonia following influenza at age 35. His brother was killed in action in June 1916 and they are sons of the Reverend William John Humble-Crofts Rector of Waldron.
- Lieutenant William Hughes (Royal Air Force) is accidentally killed in Egypt. He is the third son of the Reverend William Hughes Rector of Hawnby to be killed in the war.
- Second Lieutenant Eric Russell Wilkie Brown (Punjabis) dies on service at age 20 in Egypt. He is the son of the Reverend William Elmslie Wilkie Brown.
- Lance Corporal Alfred Smith (Suffolk Regiment) dies of pneumonia and influenza at age 20. His brother died of wounds in October 1917.