Wednesday 26 November 1918 We Lost 537
Lieutenant Colonel Arthur Philip Hamilton Trueman (East Kent Regiment) dies of influenza at home at age 38. His wife dies the same day and they are buried together in the same grave in Mansfield Cem
Today’s losses include:
- A battalion commander
- A man whose wife dies the same day he does
- A man whose wife died visiting him in France and he will die in three weeks
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Private J Robley (Border Regiment) dies at home at age 24. His brother was killed on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
- Florence Victoria Grover dies of pneumonia in Etaples at age 21 while visiting her husband in hospital. He will also die of pneumonia on 17th December.