Today’s losses include:
- A Military Chaplain
- Multiple families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Chaplain Evan Edwards dies on service at age 32.
- Lance Corporal Edward Arthur Giles (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies as home after serving in Italy. His brother was killed in March 1918.
- Gunner William Stevens (Royal Field Artillery attached Tank Corps) dies at home of influenza. His brother was killed in June of this year.
- Private John Barsby (Leicestershire Regiment) dies at home at age 31, two days after his brother has died at home.
- Air Mechanic 2nd Class John Thomas Barnes (Royal Air Force) dies at home at age 23. His brother was killed in action in February 1916.
- Private Herbert Vickers (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies on service in Egypt at age 29. His two brothers have already lost their lives in the Great War.