Today’s losses include:
- A member of the Penarth Rugby Football Club
- The Chauffeur to the Bishop of Sodor, Manchester
- A family that will lose four sons to the Great War
- A man whose brother was killed in action in November 1917 at Cambrai
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Richard James Pawley (Royal Garrison Artillery) dies on service at home. He is a member of the Penarth Rugby Club.
- Private Walter B Smith (Manchester Regiment) dies of influenza at age 30. He was the Chauffeur to the Bishop of Sodor, Manchester.
- Private James Sutherland (Seaforth Highlanders) dies of pneumonia. His brother was killed in action in November 1917 at Cambrai.
- Private Fred Gleed (Wiltshire Regiment) dies of wounds. He is the last of four brothers who lose their lives as a result of war service.