Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General who played Rugby football for Tombridge School, Blackheath and Kent
- Multiple families who will lose two sons as a result of the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Geoffrey Selwyn Barrow OBE (Royal Field Artillery attached Army Cyclist Corps) dies of influenza in Paris at age 27. He is the son of General ‘Sir’ Edmund George Barrow GCB GCSI. He played Rugby football for the Tombridge School XI and Blackheath and Kent.
- Sergeant A W Hampson (Welsh Regiment) dies of heart failure on the Western Front at age 40. His brother was killed in action in May 1915.
- Gunner Ian Gordon Cochrane (Royal Garrison Artillery) dies of dysentery and malaria at Salonika at age 26. His brother was killed in March 1917.