Brigadier General ‘the Honorable’ Alexander Beamish Hamilton CB (General Staff and King’s Own Scottish Borderers) dies of illness at home at age 58. He had served as the Controller of Embarkation, Southampton, in the Dardanelles and at Salonika. He has also done “Special Service” in the Mediterranean, at home and in Canada. His brother died of wounds commanding a battalion of the Durham Light Infantry in October 1915.
Today’s losses include:
- A Brigadier General whose brother died of wounds in October 1915
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Another man whose brother was lost in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Frank Irvine Mackinnon (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies on service at age 63 in Damascus. He is the son of the Reverend John Mackinnon.
- Lance Corporal Hector Albert Young (Rifle Brigade) dies of wounds and pneumonia at age 23. His brother was killed in action in September 1914.