Today’s losses include:
- A 22-victory ace
- The son of an Admiral
- Multiple families that lost two sons in the Great War
- A Military Chaplain
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Cecil Frederick King (Royal Air Force) is killed in a flying accident in England. He was a twenty-two-victory ace.
- Lieutenant John Roland Barratt (Army Service Corps) dies of illness at age 25. His brother died of wounds on Salonika in May 1917.
- Sub Lieutenant Michael Heaton-Ellis (HMS Taurus, Royal Navy) dies at home at age 20. He is the son of Vice Admiral ‘Sir’ Edward Heaton-Ellis KBE CB MVO and his brother was killed in action in May 1918.
- Chaplain the Reverend W O O’Conor dies on service in Tehran.