27 January 1919 We Lost 155
Today’s losses include:
- A man whose brother was killed in action during a dog fight by German Ace Max Immelmann
- Multiple families that will lose two son to the Great War
- The son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Oliver Alexander Mowat MC (Canadian Field Artillery) is killed in action with the North Russia Expeditionary Force at age 25. His brother was the 15th victim of Max Immelmann being killed in May 1916.
- Lieutenant Franklin George Ekins MC (Royal Irish Regiment) dies in France at age 24. His brother had been killed in action in May 1917. They are sons of the Reverend George Richards Ekins Vicar of St Timothy Sheffield.