31 January 1919 We Lost 190
Today’s losses include:
- An Olympic Silver medal winner in the 1912 Olympics
- A man whose brother was killed last April
- A Justice of the Peace
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Colonel Rowland Hill Martin JP CB CMG CIE (Norfolk Regiment) dies on service in India.
- Lieutenant Charles Gardner Rought (West Surrey Regiment) dies at home as a result of eating a bad oyster after repatriation from a Prisoner of War Camp at age 23. He was a Silver Medal winner in the 1912 Olympics as a member of the rowing Coxed Four.
- Gunner Torquil Munro (HMS President Royal Naval Reserve) dies at home at age 24. His brother was killed last April.