10 February 1919 We Lost 279
Today’s losses include:
- An Irish International Rugby player
- The commander of HMS Strongbow when it was sunk in 1917
- A Military Chaplain
- A man whose brother was killed in 1916
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major William John Beatty OBE (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies of pneumonia from wounds at age 29. He is an Irish International Rugby player.
- Lieutenant Commander Edward Brooke (HMS Strongbow) who was in command during the sinking of his ship in 1917 dies of pneumonia.
- Chaplain the Reverend Edward Williams Evans dies on service at age 67. He is the son of the late Archdeacon Evans, Canon of Bangor.
- Private Robert Stewart (Highland Light Infantry) dies on service of pneumonia at age 21. His brother was killed in September 1916.