Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Baronet
- A man whose brother was killed in June 1915
- A family that will lose five sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Evelyn Eyre Greenwell (HMS Research, Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve) dies at home at age 32. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Walpole Greenwell, the 1st Baronet.
- Engineer Sub Lieutenant P A Roy (HMS Sobo Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve) dies on service at home. His brother was killed on Gallipoli in June 1915.
- Corporal Frank Blakeway (Durham Light Infantry) dies of pneumonia on service. He is one of five brothers who lose their lives in the Great War.