Today’s losses include:
- Families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
- An organist, artist and cartographer to the Liverpool Dock Board
- Son of ‘Sir’ Nathaniel Highmore
- A Luton Police Officer
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Alfred Castel Symons (Royal Scots attached Tank Corps) dies on service at home at age 23. His brother was killed in April 1917.
- Lieutenant Joseph Hall Hewitt (Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve HMS Arrogant) dies at home at age 34. He is an organist, artist and cartographer to the Liverpool Dock Board.
- Second Lieutenant Charles Bowyer Highmore (Machine Gun Corps) dies on service at age 32. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Nathaniel Highmore GBE KCB.
- Lance Corporal James Chandler (Foot Branch, Corps of Military Police) dies on active service in Germany at age 24. He is a Luton Police Officer.
- Private Edwin Frank Latter (Labour Corps) dies on service at age 29. He is the last of three brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War.