3 March 1919 We Lost 235
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- A military chaplain
- A woman who served as a nurse and had two brothers killed in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant George Ernest Healy (Royal Army Service Corps) dies at home at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend Canon G W Healy.
- Chaplain Cecil Radcliffe Martyn dies of pneumonia while on service in France at age 44. He is the vicar of Tamerton Foliot.
- Corporal Gwilym Davies (Army Pay Department) dies at home at age 21. He is the son of the Reverend William Davies.
- Assistant Nurse Margaret Dorothea Braithwaite (Volunteer Aid Detachment) dies on service at age 40. Her two brothers were previously killed in the war and they are sons and daughters of the Reverend Francis Joseph Braithwaite.