Today’s losses include:
- The former Aide de Campe to the Governor of Gambia Colony
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Two families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Arthur McCulloch Inglis DSO (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies at age 34 of wounds received in action in August 1918. He was the former Aide de Campe to the Governor of Gambia Colony.
- Major Gordon Evans Gill (Royal Engineers) dies of influenza at age 28. He is the son of the Reverend William T Gill.
- Second Lieutenant Lionel Matthew Tansey (New Zealand Machine Gun Battalion) dies at home at 33. His brother was killed in September 1916.
- Private C E S Haskett (Somerset Light Infantry) dies on service at age 31. His brother was killed in August 1916.