Today’s losses include:
- A Baron and Brigadier General
- A man whose son was killed in 1916
- A Civilian Chaplain
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Brigadier General George Limbrey Sclater-Booth CB (Royal Dragoons) dies at home at age 59. He is the 2nd Baron Basing.
- Lieutenant Colonel J C Battersby (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies on service at home. His son was killed in action in October 1916.
- Civilian Chaplain the Reverend A E Spence (Scottish Churches Huts) dies while serving the forces in Germany at age 58. He is the son of the Reverend A Spence